Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Heart Walk

Saturday, October 8th was the American Heart Associations Heart Walk in Newport News.  I organized a team in Memory of my dad.  Our team name was Angel Above.  It was a beautiful day and the walk was very ... comforting.  It was a good feeling to know that with each step the money raised would help others that were battling heart disease and stroke. 

I would like to thank all those who donated their time and money to helping me reach my goal and also all my team members for walking with me on Saturday, and the special few who did everything they could to help - you know who you are.  It was a great day and I couldn't have done it without you.  I would also like to thank my family for supporting me, especially my two children who "walked the walk" without complaining in memory of their Pap-Pap. 

For more information on heart disease or the American Heart Association please go to:  http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/

To donate to the American Heart Association please go to:   http://heartwalk.kintera.org/hamptonroadsva/myangelabove

Hampton Roads Heart Walk
October 8, 2011


Team: Angel Above

My family




Elizabeth starting the 3.5 mile walk


Elizabeth catching a ride from Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment