Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Cathedral of the Sacred Heart


About a month ago my mom and I went to Richmond, Virginia for the Virginia Wine Expo.  It was a great weekend.  We really had a wonderful weekend.  On Saturday we spent the entire day at the Wine Expo.  Sunday we decided to go to Mass at a local Church (St. Peter's) and then do a little sight-seeing before heading over to the Wine Expo for one last time.  One of the places we went was the Cathedral of the Sacred Heart.  It was absolutely beautiful.  I have attached a few pictures although I am afraid they hardly do it justice.  Since our visit I have done a little research into the history of the Cathedral.  Someday I will make it up to Richmond and attend Mass there.  There is actually an invitation in our Church Bulletin this week from the Catholic Diocese of Richmond to attend Mass there on Monday evening, April 2nd but I have a Cub Scout committee meeting.  However, before we leave this area I will make it up there.  :-)  I hope you enjoy the pictures.  To find out more about the Cathedral of the Sacred Heart click here.






I can't begin to explain how remarkable...



The Alter






The Back of the Cathedral...even as you are leaving the view is stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment