Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Thank you Daddy - nearly 12 years later

I was trying to decide which of my favorite pictures to post today in honor of my dad, eight months after his passing. With my anniversary so close I chose this picture. Thank you Daddy for my perfect wedding, and for walking me down the aisle, and holding me so tightly that I didn't fall flat on my face. You may have "given me away" to Henry, but I am and always will be your little girl. I love you Daddy and I miss you more than ever.
RIP 8/21/1955 - 11/27/2010

Every month for eight months now I remember this day that my dad passed away and think of how everything happened so quickly and how unreal it all seemed.  It still seems that way and I am still overwhelmed with sadness and loss.  However I have now allowed myself to remember the good times too, and to talk with the kids about their pap-pap.  Daddy was always afraid he would be forgotten and it makes my heart happy that not only am I keeping him alive through my memories and sharing them with the kids but my children are keeping him alive through their memories.  I am so very grateful they had time with him.  He was such a wonderful father and a loving grandfather. 

Our wedding Anniversary is in a few days and I am so very blessed to have had my parents be such a large part of that very important day.  It blows me away that Henry and I have been married for nearly 12 years.....but that's a story for another day...today is about my dad.  Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment