Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Work in progress

 This is the giant planter box that we had removed.


 The end result.  No more planter box.
 Henry's new grill.
 The deck.

 Half of the deck.
 Our house.
 Our gazebo and table.  The screen and panels are all tied back.
In the gazebo.  Notice my beautiful wind chime.  It is so pretty.  I love the soft noises it makes in the breeze.

We have spent these first few weeks of summer working on the outside of the house.  We bought three things this spring that have made the outside nicer and more enjoyable.  The first thing we bought in March, its a gazebo for the back deck.  I love it so much.  We can have it completely open, have just the screen closed or pull the panels for privacy or to keep the bright sun out.  The screen aspect of it is great because of how bad the bugs are. It has really changed how much we are outside.  The second thing we bought is my lawn mower.  For the last two years we have either paid someone to mow the lawn or I have borrowed from my generous neighbors.  But let me just say, I love having my own.  I can mow the lawn whenever I want and the height settings are always set perfectly plus I don't have to bother my neighbors.  The third thing we bought is Henry's new BBQ grill.  We cook outside so much more now that the new grill doesn't burn everything and shoot flames everywhere.  :-)  Below are a few pictures of things we have been doing, including some of the house and back yard.  Oh yeah, we also had this giant planter box in the backyard removed.  We hired some guys to do it and it was worth it.  There is so much more space in the backyard it is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment